Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nayab Nayab is offline

Default Can a cell remember a number?...

On Jun 23, 11:59*am, Markv wrote:
Hi all

If I generate a number in cell A1 for example, can cell B1 receive the value
and remember it when I re-generate a new number in cell A1, a new cell B2
should display the new number from A1, and B1 should still show the first
value generated from A1

Thanks for any help on this one
Hope it makes sense...

In case u wish the values generated by some formula in A1 to be
displayed in different cells as and when the inputs to A1 changes, u
can actually record a paste value code in the next blank cell in
column B and you can run this code on change in A1