Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Statistics problem

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 21:25:01 -0700, Brian Mc in StL
wrote:

Thanks for the response...When I use these functions on data in a column that
contains less than 255 data points they work fine. When there are more data
points (like 400 or 1000), Excel says that it is calculating but it never
finishes. I tried letting it be for an hour one time but it didn't budge.
Usually, however, the bar at the top of Windcws says Microsoft Excel is not
responding. I then have to force it to close and reopen.

I believe I read somwhere in HELP that these functions are limited to 255
data points but it seems like it should handle more than that relatively
small amount of data.

It does.

If that were the case, then the formulas I posted in my initial response to you
would not work.

What was your result when you tried the formulas I posted?

There is likely some problem with how you have entered your formula, or a
problem with your data.

You really need to provide some specifics for assistance. What formulas are
you using? What does your data look like?
--ron