Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Percentage of filled in boxes in a column formula

Since real dates are numbers, something simple like this,
placed in say E1: =COUNT(A1:A30)/30
with E1 formatted as percentage to taste
should yield what you're after

Adapt/extend to suit
--
Max
Singapore
"fireman175" wrote:
Hi, I have a few columns with about 150 rows broken into say 5 sections (30
rows each). I enter a date in each box as a procedure is completed. I would
like to keep a tally of the percentage of completion for each column. So,
each time I enter a date in the 150 rows, the percentage of filled in boxes
increases.

Thank you in advance.