Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ken[_2_] Ken[_2_] is offline

Default Correct syntax for IF, Then in a macro

On Jun 21, 11:12*am, Ken wrote:
Thanks Mike and Per....I really appreciate your help.....looking at
your suggestions, here is what I came up with that seems so far to do
the trick:
Sub SearchForString2()

* * Dim LSearchRow As Integer
* * Dim LCopyToRow As Integer
* * Dim LSearchValue As String

* * On Error GoTo Err_Execute

* * LSearchValue = InputBox("Please enter a value to search for.DO NOT
hit OK or CANCEL before entering a date, entire log will transfer!!!",
"Enter value")

* * 'Start search in row 2
* * LSearchRow = 2

* * 'Start copying data to row 4 in WeeklyDueLog (row counter
variable)
* * LCopyToRow = 4

* * While Len(Range("A" & CStr(LSearchRow)).Value) 0

* * 'If value in column J = LSearchValue, and column O or Q are empty,
copy entire row to Sheet2

* * If Cells(LSearchRow, "J").Value = LSearchValue And
Cells(LSearchRow, "O").Value = "" And Cells(LSearchRow, "Q").Value =
"" Then
* * * * * * 'Select row in JobLogEntry to copy
* * * * * * Rows(CStr(LSearchRow) & ":" & CStr(LSearchRow)).Select
* * * * * * Selection.Copy

* * * * * * 'Paste row into WeeklyDueLog in next row
* * * * * * Sheets("WeeklyDueLog").Select
* * * * * * Rows(CStr(LCopyToRow) & ":" & CStr(LCopyToRow)).Select
* * * * * * ActiveSheet.Paste

* * * * * * 'Move counter to next row
* * * * * * LCopyToRow = LCopyToRow + 1

* * * * * * Sheets("JobLogEntry").Select

* * * * End If

* * * * LSearchRow = LSearchRow + 1

* * Wend

* * 'Position on cell A3
* * Application.CutCopyMode = False
* * Range("A3").Select

* * MsgBox "All matching data has been copied."

* * Exit Sub

Err_Execute:
* * MsgBox "An error occurred."

End Sub

The only question I have right now, is how would I disable the OK and
Cancel button on my input box until an input is actually entered?? If
I hit either one before entering the search date, the entire log
(5000+ entries) transfers....sort of like a "wildcard" entry...if you
have any suggestions, I am deeply grateful...if not, I am still
thankful for your help!
Ken

Correction on the last statement, all entries with no due date are
found, and that in itself is OK.....Thanks guys for your help....Ken