Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Vlookup , Referencing a cell to refence table array

Are you trying to vary the worksheet that's used in the =vlookup() by changing
the name of the worksheet in A1?

If yes, then maybe...

=vlookup(x99,indirect("'"&a1&"'!1:65536"),26,false )

if the value to look for is in x99 and you want to bring back the value in the
26th column (column Z).

seans wrote:

I ave multiple worksheet named one, two, three, four etc. In the worksheet
with the vlookup I need to be able to get the value in A1 say 'one' to
populate the table_array. It needs to say 'one'!$1:65536, All I can get it
to do is A1!$1:!65536.

--

Dave Peterson