Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
harding via OfficeKB.com harding via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default I would like to avoid pivot tables if possible

try this formula in your conditional formatting: =AND(COUNTIF($A:$A,A1)1,
COUNTIF($B:$B,B1)1,COUNTIF($C:$C,C1)1)

Swish7 wrote:
Another reason this can't work for me is that I would have to change the
formats of all the relevant cells from text or date to number in order for
them to be summable. Changing the format would change the values in those
cells, and render them useless.

I was hoping this could be done with conditional formatting..

[quoted text clipped - 30 lines]

Is this feasible?