Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Are you sure you have a date in cell, not a datestring. When you format the
cell with date as general, does it change to number? When not, then you have
to convert it, or to modify the formula so it works with datestring.

Arvi Laanemets

"Ryan Proudfit" wrote in message
I tried both ways and still get an error. All I'm doing is substituting a
cell reference in the target date portion of the formula. What the heck

am I
doing wrong?

Ryan :\

"Duke Carey" wrote:

=DAYS(EOMONTH( target date,0))

to use EOMONTH() you must have the Analysis toolpack add-in loaded

To get the same answer without the Analysis toolpack

=DAY(Date(year(target date), month( target date)+1, 1)-1)

Duke

"Ryan Proudfit" wrote:

I need a function or formula that will return the number of days in a

month.
I saw it in one of my reference books, but I'll probably never find it

again.
Please help.

--
Ryan Proudfit