Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Zaf Zaf is offline

Default TIMESHEET

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately staff often leave for visits and
therfore have multiple in and out times and i made a mistake in the posting
if there is a negative time at the end of the week (if worked less than
37:00) than that also needs to be bought forward to the net week in order for
the employee to make up the time and then the cell needs to be cleared. I
would appreciate it if you could write an example formulae, so i can adapt to
my needs.

Kind Regards

Zaf

"DReid" wrote:

No negative flexi if contractual hours not completed, lucky!

I'd keep it simple have two columns for start and finish time. 3rd column
would be finish time less start ie 17-9 (&less contractual hours per day) and
that'd give you extra flexi per day and then just subtotal that for the week.
Copy & paste that into the next week with a reference back so if
(wk1<0,0,wk1) where wk1 would be the previous subtotal

doug

"Zaf" wrote:

I am currently attempting to work out the flexi time earned and taken in a
week. The problem i am having is that if some one is taking flexi they would
have had to work more than 37:00 hours a week, so if they haven't the flexi
is a minus time. I need help with adding to times togeather in the format
[h]:mm only if two conditions are met which are that an "F" needs to placed
in a cell to confirm flexi being taken and one of the cells that need to be
added must be greater the 0:00. If flexi has been earned by working over
37:00 hours and not taken then it must role over to the following week, but
if flexi hours have not been earned (i.e less than 37:00 hours worked, so the
flexi is a minus time) than i need to clear the cell insted of rolling it
over to the next week.

These are the attempts that i have made with no luck;

=IF(AND(E10="F",H400),H36+H40,H40="")

=IF(E10="F",H36+H40,TEXT(H40,"-[h]:mm"))

=IF(E10:J10="F",TEXT(H36+H40,"[h]:mm"),TEXT(H40+I40,"[h]:mm"))

Any guidence would be greatly appreciated.