Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Concatenate cells with text and numbers/decimals

=A1&" "&TEXT(B1,"#,##0.00") returns bob 425.00

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:56:03 -0700, rrupp
wrote:

I have a column with letters and another column with numbers with decimals
that I have concatenated. But, the zero's after the decimal drop off.
For example.

Column A
Bob

Column B
452.00

If the numeral is a decimal with anything other than zero, it comes across
but above, it shows as Bob452, I need the decimal so Bob452.00

Any suggestions? I searched the site but couldn't find what I needed.
Thanks for your time.