Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_720_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_720_] is offline

Default Calculating total when multiplier varies by another criteria

Assuming your data starts in Row 2 (with Row 1 being a header row), you can
calculate the cost per name (row) using this formula...

=IF(A2="","",E2*IF(OR(AND(B2<"",C2<""),AND(F2<" ",G2<"")),"0",IF(B2<"",0.0613+0.0087*(F2<""),0. 008+0.0055*(F2<""))))

and copy it down for the other names (rows). If there is no entry in A2, an
empty string is returned even if there are entries in the other cells on the
row. If A2 is filled in, then the formula returns 0 if both B2 and C2 are
not empty at the same time and 0 if both F2 and G2 are not both empty at the
same time. You can use anything you want to select between Color and B/W and
also between Self and Print Shop... you do not have to restrict yourself to
an "X" unless you want to.

Rick

"HeatherJG" wrote in message
I think I can probably figure out a convoluted, around-the-world way to do
this, but there's GOT to be an easier way. Unfortunately, I neither know
nor
understand anything at all about macros or creating functions, and I'm
afraid
that's what I'm going to need.

I'm trying to calculate the cost on forms we use. The base is .0135 for
b&w
and .07 for color if I go through the print shop, and .008 for b&w and
.0613
for color if I print it myself. Then it changes based on the number of
pages. I set my spreadsheet up with the following columns:

Name - Color - B & W - Carbon - # of Pages - Print Shop - Self

If I use the "Color" and "B & W" columns to just place an "X" in the cell
denote which it is, how can I calculate the cost for both the Print Shop
and
myself? Does that even make sense to anyone other than me?