Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dreid Dreid is offline

Default Calculating total when multiplier varies by another criteria

It's just a simple formula.
Specify number of colour & B&W pages then another column for you
=(colourpages*youcost)+(B&Wpages*youcost)

another column for printshop
=(colourpages*pintshopcost)+(B&Wpages*printshopcos t)

You may find that the printshop has a variable price depending on number of
copies in which case all you need to do is specify different prices for
different numbers eg if(copies1,000,0.0001,normal cost) which basically says
if copies are above 1,000 use this price otherwise use normal price

hope it helps
doug

"HeatherJG" wrote:

I think I can probably figure out a convoluted, around-the-world way to do
this, but there's GOT to be an easier way. Unfortunately, I neither know nor
understand anything at all about macros or creating functions, and I'm afraid
that's what I'm going to need.

I'm trying to calculate the cost on forms we use. The base is .0135 for b&w
and .07 for color if I go through the print shop, and .008 for b&w and .0613
for color if I print it myself. Then it changes based on the number of
pages. I set my spreadsheet up with the following columns:

Name - Color - B & W - Carbon - # of Pages - Print Shop - Self

If I use the "Color" and "B & W" columns to just place an "X" in the cell to
denote which it is, how can I calculate the cost for both the Print Shop and
myself? Does that even make sense to anyone other than me?