Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Ron is offline

Default Automatically adding image extension ".jpg" to end of image name

Hi,

I am trying to mail merge jpg files from excel to word.

I have followed the steps below:

1. Created the fields in excels with the jpg name including the €œ.jpg€
2. Created the field in word including €“ {IncludePicture " C:\\Documents and
Settings\All Users\Documents\My Pictures\Sample Pictures\\{ MERGEFIELD
picture }" \d}

But the result I am getting is a pictuer fram with an red X at the top left

I have check the location again €“ and this is the right file location

Can you please assist me with that

Thank you

Ron

"Alain" wrote:

Hi,

Someone please tell me how I can set up my Excel document to automatically
add the ".jpg" extension at the end of every image name, which I can then use
in a mail merge catalog (Publisher) instead of physically having to type it
at the end of every word. Thank you in advance.

Al