Krishna

I will try the two approaches you suggested. However, I am not too sanguine
about their outcome. But, one can hope.

If you have dats such as:

Perhaps I didn't make myself very clear.

Consider the following numbers:

Task 1 0:30
Task 2 0:45
Task 3 10:30
Task 4 1:20
Task 5 2:25
Task 6 0:45
Task 7 1:30
Task 8 3:30
Task 9 4:45
Task 10 5:45

If I want to sum up the time for all the tasks, by sum(...), I get 7:45 as
the result, which 31:45 (the correct total), minus 24 hours.

What I want is to get away from this baggage of 24 hours, without having to
check how many multiples of 24 hours have been chucked away.

Right now what I am doing is convert the time in hh:mm format to a decimal
number, add all the decimal numbers, and convert back to a hh:mm format. But
it still throws away 24-hour multiples.

I will try your suggestion and get back.

Thanks.

Thank you for the reply.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Krishna,

Format your cell for

[h]:mm:ss

and you won't get that "24 hour chuck" removal.

Also, you could format the cell for decimal, and simply multiply your sum by
24 to get hours.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP