Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Progress bar in spreadsheet?

Seeing the other guys suggestions of using the REPT function I thought I
better clarify my statement, "You can not partial shade a single cell".
Using the built-in Cell Shading you can not partial shade..

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Andy Pope" wrote in message

You can not partial shade a single cell. What you can do is use multiple
cells with some conditional formatting.

Have a look at a recent post of my on another forum.
http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...ht=conditional

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"RBear3" wrote in message
I am creating a spreadsheet where I will have a long list of projects.
One column represents the completion percentage for the project. I'd like
to display this as a progress bar. If the project is 50% complete, I want
the left half of the cell to be colored in. If it is 75% complete, I want
the left 3/4 of the field to be filled in, etc.

I don't mind doing this manually if there is a way to do so, but I
figured there might be some type of control that can do this.

I have seen reports built in accounting packages and "dashboard" or
"metric tracking" applications that do similar visual representations for
individual line items on reports.

Thanks for your suggestions!!

--

RBear3