Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel
Jim Cone[_2_] Jim Cone[_2_] is offline

Default Progress bar in spreadsheet?

Another way...
You can use a formula to show a simple bar whose length varies
depending on the value in a cell.
If the value 28 is in cell B5, then try this formula in C5...
=REPT("n",B5/4).
Assign the Wingdings font to cell C5 and adjust the font size.
Customize as desired.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"RBear3"

wrote in message
I am creating a spreadsheet where I will have a long list of projects. One
column represents the completion percentage for the project. I'd like to
display this as a progress bar. If the project is 50% complete, I want the
left half of the cell to be colored in. If it is 75% complete, I want the
left 3/4 of the field to be filled in, etc.
I don't mind doing this manually if there is a way to do so, but I figured
there might be some type of control that can do this.
I have seen reports built in accounting packages and "dashboard" or "metric
tracking" applications that do similar visual representations for individual
line items on reports.
Thanks for your suggestions!!
--
RBear3