Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teatro Teatro is offline

Default Clarification on Find Text, then Calculate

I originally said that I was trying to convert everything on my spreadsheet
to gallons. This is incorrect. What I'm trying to do is report on the exact
quantities that were sold. My spreadsheet has already converted everything to
1 gallon quantities. I hope this table below will show what I'm trying to do:

A B C D E
Description Qty Expected Results of IF statement
2 Water 1 Gal 4.00 4 (finds €œ1 Gal€ in A2 and divides D2 by 1)

3 Water 5 Gal 15.00 3 (finds €œ5 Gal€ in A3 and divides D3 by 5)

4 Water 1 Qt .75 3 (finds €œ1 Qt€ in A4 and multiplies D4 by 4)

My thanks to the folks who replied to my original post and my sincerest
apologies for my misstatement of what I was looking for.

I hope such an IF statement is possible; otherwise I will have to manually
go through about 1800 rows of data manually.

Tea