Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Phredd Phredd is offline

Default Converting :mm:ss to ss

Rick,

Thank you so much for your help that worked great! I did discover another
problem i could use anyones' help with related to the same thing. Some of my
data is reflected as h:mm:ss, (which i didn't discover last night) and the
formula you provided to me returns a result of #VALUE for those cells. is
there a way also capture the h: also in a ss format? for example 1:01:23 as
3683.

Phredd.

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

Try this...

=86400*("00"&G2)

where 86400 is the number of seconds in a year and, when the concatenation
is multiplied by it, the concatenation is turned into an actual time value
(because your value has a time format except for the missing hours part...
which the concatenation puts in).

Rick

"Phredd" wrote in message
I have data that I export to Excel where the total time comes in as :mm:ss.
I need to convert that format into seconds. For example, my report shows
me
:01:25, I need to be able to show that at 85 seconds. I have a formula
that
will convert mm:ss to seconds which is =INT(G2)*60+((G2-INT(G2))*100)
where
G2 is 01:25 the result will be 85. but the report i have now comes with
an
extra :. I cannot seem to be able to automatically remove the : at the
begining of the expression or modify my formula above to account for the
extra :. I am sure this is pretty simple it is just beyone me though.
Any
help will be much appreciated!
Phredd