Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Spiky Spiky is offline

Default VLOOKUP

On Jun 17, 9:51 pm, Rajhans wrote:
Ya Pete.Ur right.I wanted the same thing.But how to put conditional formatting.
Regards
Raj

"Pete_UK" wrote:
You could use conditional formatting to highlight a cell in column A
if it is not contained anywhere in column B - is that what you want?
Alternatively, you could have a formula in column C which is copied
down and would return, say, "yes" if the cell does have a match and
"no" if it doesn't, so that you could then apply autofilter to column
C to select either the Yes or the No cells.

Or you could do both.

Are any of these approaches what you want to do?

Pete

On Jun 17, 11:46 am, Rajhans
wrote:
Hi,
Please find the excel sheet entry as below.I need to find whether the values
in coloumn A is available in the coloumn B or not.Presisaly,i need to find
out that which cell entry is not available in coloumn B.How can it be done by
VLOOKUP or other way.
Many Thanks in advance.
Raj

Go to A1 and do conditional formatting. Pick your highlight format.
Enter this formula for the condition: =OR(A1=$B$1:$B$1000)=FALSE

Adjust the "$B$1000" part of the formula for the proper length of your
data. Then use copy/paste formats or the Format Painter to copy just
the format down all the data in Column A.