Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David David is offline

Default What If Analysis in Excel 2007

None of the suggestions have helped unfortumately, is it possible for me to
email my spreadsheet so you could see exactly what is required

"Mike Middleton" wrote:

David -

Another popular way to investigate sensitivity is to perform single-factor
sensitivity analysis and show the results in a tornado chart or spider
chart. Examples of Excel add-ins for automating this process are available
from www.treeplan.com (SensIt) and www.palisade.com (TopRank). These add-ins
handle sensitivity analysis of a spreadsheet model with multiple inputs and
a single output. Of course, you can run the add-in several times, once for
each output of interest.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"David" wrote in message
I have the following Data Inputs

Capital Expenditure C1
Cost of Borrowing C2
Income C3
Expenses C4
Discount Rate C5

These inputs are used to generate a project discounted cash flow and a
amortization table

I then calculate perormance indicators such as
NPV
Profitability Index
Breakeven ratio

I the want to create three scenarios 1) Capital Expenditure increase by
10%
2) Income decrease by 10% and 3)cost of borrowing increase by 1% and would
like to see the effect it has on all the performance indicators.

Q1) When you click on the changing cells option in the what if analysis
can
you use a formulae to say C2*-0.1
2) Is it possible for your scenario results to change automatically should
you change the data inputs