Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Tidy lookup

I'm not sure what WEXZ represents. Do you have the text T E F and Q in
one column (and if so, which?) and is the value 27 in another column
(which?) or in two separate columns in sheet1? Is the layout in Sheet2
the same? Will your formula be on Sheet2 or in yet another sheet? How
many rows of data do you have, and where does the data start?

Essentially, I think you can use a MATCH function to return the
values, but I can't suggest a particular formula until you give the
details asked for (well, I could, but I would have to make a lot of
assumptions and you would have to amend the formula if those
assumptions were not valid - increasing the chances of errors being
made).

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jun 17, 10:29*pm, PBcorn wrote:
I want to pick 2 values at a time from a two tables like this (total 4
figures), situated on spearate sheets:

Sheet1 * * * * * * * * * * * * * Sheet2 * * * * * * * * So: Formula = 2+7+4+6

* * * WEXZ * * * * * * * * * WEXZ

Number of columns is subject to change. Number of rows is constant.
What is the least messy way of doing this?