Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I format alphabetically in a column?

Try this worksheet event macro. It will automatically alphabetize column A
whenever an entry is entered or changed:

Set r = Range("A:A")
If Intersect(r, Target) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
Columns("A:A").Sort Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess
Application.EnableEvents = True
Gary''s Student - gsnu200792

"Brian k" wrote:

I have a list of a hundred names last name first, etc. I have entered in a
spread sheet and I would like to format the first column to alphabatize when
a new entry is made, Possible??
Thanks