Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Victoria Victoria is offline

Default Formatting numbers with leading and trailing zero's

Hello,
I am exporting a data file from another program into a text file and then
into an Exel file. The numbers are correct in the original program, but once
the data gets to the .txt file or xls. file they lose any preceeding zero's
or trailing zero's. Examples: Original program shows 250.70 or 02.06. After
getting to .txt or .xls they are 250.7 or 2.06. I know that I can format
cells in Exel to either Text or Custom and then if I manually add the missing
zero's in each cell, the data stays like that. However, I want to be able to
run a fix on the .txt or .xls file and have it automatically find and correct
the entries that transferred incorrectly. (i.e., without the zero's) Does
anyone know if there is a way of doing this, so as not to have to manually
format cells and manually correct each entry?
Thanks!
Victoria