Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
L. Howard Kittle L. Howard Kittle is offline

Default how do I return a value between two other values from a table

With your dollar amounts in column E and the percentage in F and the lookup
value in A1 try this.

=VLOOKUP(A1,E1:F,2,1)

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"P Forbes" <P wrote in message
Col A Col B Col C
Row1 $1,000.00 $2,500.00 10%
Row2 $2,501.00 $5,000.00 12%
Row3 $5,001.00 $10,000.00 15%
Row4 $10,001.00 $15,000.00 18%
Row5 $15,001.00 $20,000.00 21%
Row6 $20,001.00 $99,999.00 24%

Here's what I have.
I need to return the percentage for a value greater than or equal to Col A
and less than or equal to column B. For example, if the lookup amount is
$9,001, the percentage should be 15%. I'm not looking for an exact match,
but a range between column A & B that will return the value in column C.
Any
help is greatly appreciated!