Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default How to clean one book using data from another?

Maybe time to get an Excel book it you plan to use the application
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"AFSA Ad Intern" .(nospam) wrote in message
Thanks for your respose, that sounds like it could be helpful. I am sure
they
are named the same way. What is a VLOOKUP solution and how do I use it? I
don't really understand the explanation in the help file.

Thanks again.

Joseph F. Malefatto
Advertising Associate
Foreign Service Journal

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

If you are sure that, in each dataset, a specific person is named in
exactly
the same way, we could make up a VLOOKUP solution.
Alternatively, do the two list have phone numbers that could be used to
identify the same person?
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"AFSA Ad Intern" .(nospam) wrote in message
Hello, I'm an intern and a relative new user of Excel. I've used it
before,
but only for simple sorting.

Here's my problem:

I am using Excel '03 to sort e-mail address lists. I have two separate
files, one with names, email addresses, and postal addresses, and a
"cleaned"
list with all non-working e-mail addresses removed.

What I want to know is, is there any way to use the second list to
clean
the
first list of all the people whose e-mail addresses no longer work,
without
manually searching through them one row at a time? I have nearly 10,000
names
on one and over 7,000 on the other.

Thank you for your help!