Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Global name used in local version

I am a little unclear exactly what is going on on your sheet but here is a
general explanation of named reange scope. There are two kinds of named
ranges (for the purpose of this dsicussion). Global named ranges are attached
to the workbook and are accessable to any sheet in the book. A local named
range is attached to a specific sheet and it applies only to that sheet.
Where a global and a local named range share the same name the local named
range takes precidence. So if on yoru error work sheet you have a named range
that matches the global named range then it takes precidence which might
explain your difficulties.

If you do not use the name manager download to manage your named ranges it
is well worth getting a copy...
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/

When you use named ranges in VBA things get a shade more complicated as a
worksheet must be specified before you can define a range so named ranges
require being explicit with the sheet where the named range comes from...

If I have missed the mark with your question just let me know...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"clara" wrote:

Hi all,

I define a global scope name, It works fine for all the other worksheets
except one.
in the error worksheet, I can see the global name in the formula bar
dropdwon, when I click it, I am lead to the right location on the right
sheet, but when I use the name as a validation on a cell, I am lead to a
location on this error worksheet but with the correct row and column number

Clara
--
thank you so much for your help