Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Graeme at Raptup Graeme at Raptup is offline

Default Pivot charts & tables

Hi,
I'm using Excel 2002 and have a number of charts that I want to put
together. I have 3 questions relating to pivot tables & charts.
(1) I wish to use the same file but each month add new data to the source
data. Will my pivot tables automatically incorporate new data? At the moment
I have all my data in one worksheet. I assume the easiest method of doing
this is to add new data below the last record?
(2) I have a number of charts where I want only the top 10 series. For
example I have a pie chart with the top 10 franchises (there are over 30). I
have one other pie 'slice' that is 'other' that makes up 100%. I have done
this by creating a separate table under the pivot table that references the
top 10 using an index lookup function. That works fine but I'd rather the
chart were a pivot table so that users can manipulate the data on the chart
(rather than on the table). I know that I can sort by the top 10 in the table
but this changes the data?!
(3)Is there a way of keeping colours of charts for specific characters
consistent? For example, lets say a franchise is called Taz, how can I ensure
that the pie slice for Taz is always in red?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!