Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Compare and delete duplicate records

Not sure how it is duplicated - does your list of 3000 records contain
records which are duplicated (among themselves)? Or does the shorter
list contain records which are also in the longer list, and you want
to get rid of these duplicates?

You can put a formula in a helper column which looks to see if the
record on that row is contained within the longer list (using MATCH
with a column which has unique values - I can't give you a specific
formula because you have not described your data) and return something
like "remove". Then you can apply autofilter to that column and select
"remove", then highlight all the visible rows and Edit | Delete Row.
When you remove the autofilter you should be left with the non-
duplicate records.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jun 16, 4:18*pm, charles wrote:
We have 2 Excel 2007 spreadsheets of data.

List 1 contains 12,000 records and we wish to remove the contents of list 2
which contains 3,000 records.

Is there a simple way of doing this?