Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Reference cell above in a subtotaled sheet

Hi,

If your problem is that 3007 becomes 3008 when you drag the fill handle,
then hold down the Ctrl key as you drag the fill handle.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Rubystarx" wrote:

I have subtotaled my data and I want to be able to just work with the
collapsed data. However I need to copy down the store number into each
subtotaled line. What is the best way to make a cell reference the cell above
for the whole worksheet? I can not just pull down because it is numbers and
will change the store number from 3007 to 3008.