Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nellie2488 Nellie2488 is offline

Default Need a Match formula

T. Valko, Thank you very much for your assistance. However, unfortunately, it
did not work. Would you by any chance have any other suggestions? Using the
formula you supplied it the response was all 'False'. I know some of the
numbers match.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try a formula like this entered in Workbook 1 cell B1:

=ISNUMBER(MATCH(A1,'[Workbook 2.xls]Sheet1'!A$3:A$20002,0))

Have "workbook 2" open when you enter this formula and let Excel put in the
path for you.

Copy down as needed.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Nellie2488" wrote in message
I need to create a formula that will find a match between 2 workbooks.
Workbook 1 has phone numbers from cell A1 to cell A1765
Workbook 2 has phone numbers from cell A3 to cell 20002
If there is a match I would like it to come back and say True.
The matching numbers are in different cells

I have tried the formulas from other questions and instered my info and
can't seem to get it to work.

Please help.

Thank you