Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default In Excel, conditional format (font red) referencing another ce

No. I'm still using Excel 2003. What I have read on this group hasn't
encouraged me to change.
--
David Biddulph

"KMorris" wrote in message
David,

You're using an instructional book for Excel 2003 to use Excel 2007? I
find
the functionalities to be very different, e.g., one never had to have
Excel
count the cells and make sure thre was something in each each in order to
get
conditiobal formatting to work.
Maybe I didn't understand your meaning.

Thanks,

Karen

"David Biddulph" wrote:

No. I'm still using 2003.
--
David Biddulph

"KMorris" wrote in message

David,

Thanks. Is there a particular edition of an instructional book for
Excel
2007 that you would recommend? I wasn't real thrilled with the one I
had
for
Excel 2003, but at least the Help facility in Excel 2003 was a whole
lot
better than the Help facility within Excel 2007. Thank God you and
others
here are so helpful.

Karen

"David Biddulph" wrote:

It means that you won't apply the format unless all 3 cells have
values
in
them. If the cells (or some of them) are emplty, it won't try to do
the
formatting. If you want the CF test doing regardless of blank cells,
then
omit that part of the formula.
--
David Biddulph

"KMorris" wrote in message
Biff,

Thanks, but I'm not clear why the command now needs to include the
AND(COUNT(a1,b1,c3)=3 statement prior to what used to be the
=(c3=a1
+b1)
statement.

What are we now telling Excel to do in that first portion of the
statement?

"T. Valko" wrote:

Select cell C3

Goto Home tabStylesConditional FormattingManage Rules

Click New RuleUse a formula to determine...
Format values where this formula is true:
=AND(COUNT(A1,B1,C3)=3,C3<A1+B1)
Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OKOK
Click New Rule again and repeat the above proccess for the second
condition. Use this formula:
=AND(COUNT(A1,B1,C3)=3,C3=A1+B1)

Then, OKOKApplyOK

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"KMorris" wrote in message
Christine<

In Excell 2007, I want to be able to set a formula for a single
cell
(c3)
such that it turns red when its numerical contents are =not(a1+b1
=
c3)
and
the cell turns green when its numerical contents =(a1+b1=c3).
How
do I
set
both of these condiions for a single cell in Excel 2007?

Thanks,

Karen

"SteveG" wrote:

Christine,

Yes. In A1 go to Conditional Formatting. Change the Cell Value
is
option to Formula is. Enter

=B1="Your Text"

Click Format, Font select the color you want. Click OK, OK.

HTH

Steve

--
SteveG