Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Len Len is offline

Default Auto-numbering

On Jun 16, 11:26*am, "Héctor Miguel"
wrote:
hi, Len !

Auto-numbering fails

After data filtering, it seems that auto-numbering in column A is not working
when I select range A2 to A13 and double click the Fill Handle at cell A13 , e.g.

instead of fill-handle for "auto-numbering" filtered lists...
- try using subtotal(... worksheet function

hth,
hector.

__ OP __

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I'm not quite understand how subtotal function
is worked in this scenario for auto-numbering, perhaps you can show me
how it work for the above scenario, thanks again

Regards
Len

* Column *A * * * * B
Row
2 * * * *1 * * * * * * * *AA
10 * * *2 * * * * * * * *BB
13 * * *3 * * CC
39 * * * * * * * * * * * *SS
116 * * * * * * * * * * * SS
119 * * * * * * * * * * *WW
225 * * * * * * * * * * * OO
230 * * * * * * * * * * * DD
305 * * * * * * * * * * * CC

In this case, how to solve the above scenario with Excel function and
give the result with auto-numbering as follows : -

* Column *A * * * * B
Row
2 * * * *1 * * * * * * * *AA
10 * * *2 * * * * * * * *BB