Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Area Chart with Shaded Areas Diff. Color

I actually tried your data with the #N/A values, saw that it worked fine
(perhaps because both X and Y were #N/A), and posted a self-rebuttal.
Outlook Express choked on this, crashing after I hit Send.

I also saw that you'd blogged about it first, and I'm wishing I'd spent time
on this topic instead of the one I actually posted today. Not that we were
having a race!

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Del Cotter" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Jon Peltier said:
Last night I started a blog post, showing the same technique. I plan to
post
it tonight or tomorrow.

Del - didn't you have a problem with the #N/A values when dealing with the
area chart?

Not with this one. I've just tried putting some spoiler values in, and it
looks pretty robust against interference. I did have a problem with the
interrupted step chart a couple of weeks ago, because the values I put in
became a bridge that caused the line to plunge to zero and back up again
like a bar chart. But this one's okay; you can see the results he

http://i-ocean.blogspot.com/
2008/06/excel-area-chart-with-colour-invert-if.html

--
Del Cotter
NB Personal replies to this post will send email to