Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Qestion to judge whether the candidate has passed or failed ..

Thank you!
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200791

"Robert McCurdy" wrote:

You have the patience of a Saint Gary!

"Gary''s Student" wrote in message ...
Here is the thinking behind the approach:

We want to know if ANY of the grades are below 40. So let's look at the
lowest grade. MIN() gives us the lowest grade. If that grade is below 40,
then the candidate fails. We don't need to consider any of the person's
other grades.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200791

"Neelakanta" wrote:

ur method worked but, i can't understand how did it caluculate?
MIN(a1:a100) returns the value which is minimum in that cell range.
isn't it? and if that is less than 40........... ?????
i can't understand the logic.
can u please explain me?
Thanks in advance.