Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach[_2_] Otto Moehrbach[_2_] is offline

Default Add/Revise data in separate spreadsheets all at once

Mom
Do you mean you have 3 sheets in one workbook or one sheet in each of 3
workbooks?
Do you mean that what's in one row in one sheet is identical to what is in
some other rows in the other 2 sheets?
Do you want to make a change in one row of one sheet and automatically have
that change made in the proper rows of the other 2 sheets?
How many columns in each sheet?
What do you want to use as the trigger to make Excel act? What I mean by
this is: Excel needs to know that you have finished making the changes in
that one row so that it can then act to revise the other sheets. If you
have only one column in each sheet, then Excel can act when an entry in that
column is changed. But if you have multiple columns, how can Excel know
when you are through editing that row? Think about it. Or perhaps you want
Excel to update the other 2 sheets when a change is made in any of the
columns? Also, if you have multiple columns, can you say that one column
has unique entries (no entry repeats in that column in the same sheet)? HTH
Otto
"Military Mom Too" wrote in
message ...
I would like to be able to revise the data in several spreadsheets at once.
I have a list of books in three different spreadsheets, each sorted
differently. I would like to add, delete or edit data in all three
without
sorting them all alike first. I know that I can enter new data by holding
down CTRL and clicking each spreadsheet, but it doesn't work for editing
the
data. Thanks for the help.