Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
L. Howard Kittle L. Howard Kittle is offline

Default VLOOKUP returns a 0 and I want a blank

I think you just need to remove the second "equal" sign and there is a space
just before the second "equal" sign.

=IF(VLOOKUP(B4,'[New Number Scheme.xls]Conveyor
Schedule'!$A:$AD,11,0)=0,"",VLOOKUP(B4,'[New Number Scheme.xls]Conveyor
Schedule'!$A:$AD,11,0)

Regards,
Howard

"Dave" wrote in message
This page wraps long formulas, inserting annoying characters in the
process.
You will probably find an extra space at each wrap point which you'll have
to remove.
ie after the first instance of Conveyor - remove one space
after the second instance of Number - remove one space
after the second instance of Conveyor - remove one space
Regards - Dave.

"KimB" wrote:

Dave:
Thanks for help, however this did not work, is the the exact way is
should be?
Thanks

"Dave" wrote:

Hi, This is a bit long, but...
=IF( =VLOOKUP(B4,'[New Number Scheme.xls]Conveyor
Schedule'!$A:$AD,11,0)=0,"",VLOOKUP(B4,'[New Number Scheme.xls]Conveyor
Schedule'!$A:$AD,11,0)
Regards - Dave.

"KimB" wrote:

This is my formula, how do I get a blank instead of a 0?
=VLOOKUP(B4,'[New Number Scheme.xls]Conveyor
Schedule'!$A:$AD,11,FALSE)