Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
carlairis carlairis is offline

Default formula needed... IF, SUMIF, or SUM ???

Thank you for your reply, I think that my post was not clear enough,
I might have confuse you. I created a workbook with reference cells that
have dependencies on other worksheets and/or workbook, until these other
cells have a value placed in them my reference cell returns the #DIV/! error.
Here is a brief example, book1, lets say have two sheets set up one named
Sheet1: wkld (the source) and the other sheet2: PerfReview Jan-June. In
sheet1 I have the following cells:
(cell)month
(a10)January 1.76 3.95
(a11)February 2.70 3.36
(a12)March 2.22` 3.02
(a13)April 2.55 2.81
(a14)May 3.11 3.19
(a15)June #DIV/0!

I want the formula to calculate the average of the current data set for
column C (Column B is something else), even if I have 3 to 5 #DIV/0! Error
cell. Can that be possible?? I tried using AVERAGE fxn, but it's still
giving me error. How can I tell the formula to ignore these? Thanks, again!

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

I am presuming the data to be summed is in column B and the result is in
column C.
If different change the column references accordingly
In C2
=IF(B2="","",SUM(OFFSET(B2,0,0,MIN(6,COUNT($B$1:B2 ))*-1,1))/MIN(6,COUNT($B$2:B2)))

Copy down as far as required

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"carlairis" wrote in message
Here is my data...
2008 B C
January 1.76 3.95
February 2.70 3.36
March 2.22 3.02
April 2.55 2.81
May 3.11 3.19
June #DIV/0!

I'm working on a semiannual performance. Basically I need to sum-up the
data in column C for Jan, Feb, Mar and so on..and then divide this by 6.
But I will not know the data of June until July. So far, I'm using the IF
function but I still get the DIV#0! error... I need the formula to add up
according to the total of months that I have... For instance, in March I
will
only need to add up to 3 data value set and divided by 3, but I don't want
change the formula everymonth. I want a formula that work for 6 months.
hope someone can help. Thanks!