Lee IT

Default Can a formula check for a certain value in a range?

I need a formula function to check if a named range contains a certain entry.
A formula similar to: IF(DATA!Dave='computer',d16,""), where DATA is the
worksheet and Dave is the named range. But, rather than '=' I need a
function that checks if the range 'contains' a single or a number of
'computer' entrys in the range. The quantity of entrys is unimportant.

The Range:
The named range is a number of rows, of which the first column is merged to
contain the name of the person the rest of the data refers to. The data can
contain numbers, text or blank cells - relevant to the column headers.

I'm sure this must be possible!!!?