Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
stacy stacy is offline

Default Past Due/Completed on time date formula

Thanks Sean, this worked great.

I have another question though. Will this update when I open my doc? Will
it recognize today is changing?

Thanks again!

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

almost the same as you have below. In the first completed date, use
Conditional formatting with =$A1=$B1 and format as Blue, then =$A1<$B1 and
format as red as a second criteria. Then copy and Past Special - Formats.

"Stacy" wrote:

I am pretty familiar with Excel, but just learning formulas...

I have two columns I am working with for this question, a due date and
completed date.

I used the formula =A1<=today() to highlight a "past due" date red. I was
wondering if in my completed date column I could enter a formula that would
highlght a date Red if it was past the date, or blue if it is bofore the due
date.

Also, will this update as I work with it, or only as I enter in cells?

Thanks for your help!