Lee IT

Default can a formula check for a certain value in a range?

Hi all,

I am looking for a formula function that checks to see if a named range
contains a paticular entry.
Similar to the =IF(DATA!Mark='Computer',d16,""), where instead of '=' I
need to check if the range 'contains', 'Computer' in any one cell or a number
of cells.
Range:
The range is a number of rows of mixed data defined by the columns. The
cells in the first column in the range are merged, to contain the name of the
person all the rest of the data refers to. The rest of the columns in the
range can contain text, numbers or remain blank.

I'm sure there must be something but I can't find it!