Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Johnny Johnny is offline

Default Area Chart with Shaded Areas Diff. Color

I did split the series but the shading for the numbers below the baseline
bleed above the baseline when the next number in the series falls above the
baseline. Hope that made sense. For example, here's my data:

Input Year Baseline Above Below
100 1995 0 100
-150 1996 0 -150
200 1997 0 200
250 1998 0 250
-300 1999 0 -300
250 2000 0 250
200 2001 0 200
100 2002 0 100
-25 2003 0 0
-50 2004 0 -50
-100 2005 0 -100
-150 2006 0 -150
-200 2007 0 -200
-250 2008 0 -250
-300 2009 0 -300
0 2010 0 0

I created if statements to split the series into those that feel above the
baseline number and those that fell below the baseline number.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

You could split the series into above-baseline and below-baseline series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Johnny" wrote in message
I want to create a chart where the areas under the baseline are a different
color than the areas above the baseline. Is that possible?