Dave Peterson

How about a slight alternative?

Instead of using a combobox, how about using Data|Validation.

You can set up another worksheet with the values to be chosen in the
data|validation dropdown in column A. Then put the associated price in column
B.

Say you put the data|validation cell in B8.

then in C8, you could use:

=if(b8="","",vlookup(b8,sheet2!a:b,2,false)

Debra Dalgleish has some nice notes about data|validation at:

And she has other nice notes about =vlookup() at:

John wrote:

I am trying to use a combo box to select a text item from the list, once I
select this text item, I want it to place a $0 into another cell.

example: I select from combo box - Teriyaki Chicken, then I want $7.00 to
appear in cell C8 which will in turn be used to calculate a total based on
several other cells.

I just need to know how to take the text from the combo box in cell A8 and
place a dollar figure $7.00 in cell C8.

--

Dave Peterson