Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
EagleOne@microsoftdiscussiongroups[_2_] EagleOne@microsoftdiscussiongroups[_2_] is offline

Default Late binding to Excel from Access causing Object error

Jim,

I figured that the answer would be fixing a simple step.

That said, what else can I do besides wks.activate?

If you notice, in the Late-binding code I:
used "With objXL.Application.Visible = False"

Adding wks.activate to the loop caused all instances of Excel, in turn,
initiated by 21 DoCmd.TransferSpreadSheet's to stay active. Also,
none of the sheets were formatted.

It seems that I traded my original challenge of having multiple-sheet
workbooks have all sheets formated (in lieu of just the 1st sheet) and all
instances of Excel closed to the inverse of both respectively.

Now, I further believe that I am missing a different simple step to make all
work.

Thoughts?

TIA EagleOne

"Jim Rech" wrote:

Since you want to select A1 on each sheet you have to activate each one.
Then your other code will work too.

With objActiveWkb
For Each wks In .worksheets
wks.Activate