Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roady Roady is offline

Default Macros: can you copy macros from one doc to another?

Hello: I have recorded 3 different macros in an Excel document. Problem is, I
already have 4 different other "working" copies of that document out there. I
wanted to enhance the other working copies with the macros so I copied and
pasted the macros into the other documents. Is this ok to do? It seems like
it is performing the macros but it keeps giving me an error message. In
addition, whenever I open a document and check the macros names, it always
lists the same ones. Does that mean that I have to re-name the macros or
recreate the macros in each working copy instead of copying? I am concerned
that it feeds back to the original document. Thank you!