Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Desperate for help with a VLOOKUP

See your later post. Pls don't do that.
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"chris" wrote in message
ok here is the situation on one sheet i have a list of credit accounts
(always changes - not sure which card numbers or how many times different
ones will be entered), and with these card numbers, customer enters what
they
plan to purchase and the amount..sort of looks like this:

CARD NUMBER PURCHASE PRICE
12345 CAR 26,000
55599 BOAT 30,000
999122 TV 3,000
55599 CLOTHES 1,200
55599 STEREO 600
999122 DINNER 50

OK, now on the next sheet is a listing of the Card Numbers and I want it
grab all the expected purchases for each card number listed on first
sheet,
can you use a VLOOKUP to return multiple lines of data...so if my second
sheet looks like this:

CARD NUMBER PURCHASE
12345 VLOOKUP HERE
55599 VLOOKUP HERE
999122 VLOOKUP HERE

as they enter more purchases on different lines on sheet one, how can i
make
these items appear on sheet two? I need it to go on seperate lines so
that i
end up with this on sheet 2:

CARD NUMBER PURCHASE
12345 CAR
55599 BOAT
CLOTHES
STEREO
999122 TV
DINNER

IS THIS POSSIBLE? How can i get it to automatically put in additional
lines
as sheet one changes?

I hope this makes sence.

and thank you so much for any help