Max

Here's one way to try out via conditional formatting (CF) fromulas

(This assumes col B will be filled with a default "green" color as the "4th"
condition, as CF allows only a maximum of 3* conditions)

Select col B, and format it with green fill color

With col B still selected,

Click Format Conditional Formatting

Make the settings:

Condition1
Formula Is| =AND(A1=25,A1<50)
Click Format button Patterns tab Orange OK

Condition2
Formula Is| =AND(A1=50,A1<75)
Click Format button Patterns tab Red OK

Condition3
Formula Is| =AND(ISNUMBER(A1), A1=75)
Click Format button Patterns tab Black OK

Click OK at the main dialog

(Note that I've revised your criteria a little tighter to close gaps
in-between)

Test it out by inputting various values within several cells in col A to
trigger the various colors in the corresponding cells in col B

*Do check out JE's page for up to 6 colors w/o macros:
Getting 6 conditional font colors without macros
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/conditional6.html

--
Rgds
Max
"ximen" wrote in message

Hi everyone,
Please could any one help me to formulate this function.
If the value in Cell X is smaller than 25 then Cell Y will be in green
colour; and
if the value in Cell X is bigger than 25 smaller than 50 then Cell Y
will be in orange colour; and if the value in Cell X is bigger than 50
smaller than 75 then Cell Y will be in red colour; and if the value in
Cell X is bigger than 75 then Cell Y shall be in black colour. Many
Thanks for anyone who be able to help.
Best Regards.

--
ximen