Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mindy Mindy is offline

Default Automatically hide column or row if a cell value meets criteri

I am having a similiar problem. I wanted to hide a row everytime a task is
complete. For example, anytime in colum F shows status complete I want to
hide row.

1. What would be the best macro for this function?
2. How do I add a macro to excel?

Thanks in advance!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
On Error GoTo stoppit
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Me.Range("C3")
If .Value = 0 Then
.EntireRow.Hidden = True
Else
.EntireRow.Hidden = False
End If
End With
stoppit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 06:56:37 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I need a macro or formula that will automatically hide a row or column
based on an entry in a specific cell.

For instance, =IF(D2="",*****,D2)

with ***** being the formula

or =IF(C3=0,Rows("3:3").Select,Selection.EntireRow.Hi dden=True,C3)

of course this isn't working but something like this would be great

Thanks so much for your continued assistance.

Don