Nathan

Yes that should be fine, I have managed to get the macro working for one
single cell, but my sheet has 750 cells that need formating a s a comment box
then having tthe macro telling it to put the text in column D into the
comment box, which I can't seem to figure out!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

The only thing that I know that shows up when you hover the mouse over the cell
is a comment.

So if you added the text in column D to the comment in column A, then it might
work?

Is that a viable solution?

Nathan wrote:

dear kind people who know excel!

I have a sheet where in column A I have the name of a compnay. In column D
(which is hidden) I have some descriptive info. Is it possible for the info
in column D to come up in a comment box (or any otehr pop up box) when I
hover over a cell in column A? The sheet is being continually sorted so it
needs to be quite robust.

thanks in advance

Rather excel illiterate person!

--