Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default beginner question re =PROPER(A1) command

With
A1:A10 containing text
B1:B10 containing your PROPER formulas

Try this:

Select the range of PROPER formulas (B1:B10)

From the Excel Main Menu:
<edit<copy
Select the first text value (A1)
<edit<paste special....Check: Values......Click [OK]
(now the formulas have been converted to their text values)

Then you can either delete the column with the PROPER formulas
or just erase those cells.

Does that help?
Post back if you have more questions.

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"-keevill-" wrote in message
I have a list of names and addresses in columns and have used the
=PROPER(A1) command to change the allcaps columns to be correctly
capitalised words .
Question is how can I just remove the columns which are allcaps and just
be left with the correctly capitalised ones?
Using the formula above, of course I cannot delete them as the formula is
dependant on the existence of the original.