David McRitchie

Perhaps you can find something in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm
there is nothing there specific to Excel 2003, though some of
the referenced links might relate more to 2003.

Some things to also consider. did the problem start with Excel 2003
does it get worse and worse once on 2003.

Quick things to try: clear the Internet Explorer cashe,
make sure journalling is not turned on that is if you have
Outlook installed. Make sure you are not saving files
for multiple version of Excel this would double the file size.-
---
HTH,

"Spinner" wrote in message ...
I upgraded from Office 2000 to 2003. I have [fairly] large workbooks (7-10
MB) with many embedded charts and controls (i.e. lots of shapes).

Following the upgrade, everyting to significantly slower. Of particular
concern is the rate of simply swicthing between worksheets in a workbook.
Previoulsy, I could toggle back and forth between sheets to compare charts.
The transission rate is now so slow, this is no longer a practicle option.

Any clues on how/if Excel 2003 can be tuned to run faster?