Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Amanda Amanda is offline

Default Conditional Formatting for a Column Chart and Auto Shape

I think I figured it out....based on the website you gave me and one other I
found online....however, now there is this ugly table in the middle of my
sheet....and when I hide it, it hides my chart....HELP!

"Amanda" wrote:

I looked at the link, but I do'n't see how that will help my chart. I only
have one column, not multiples, and I need the color to change based on an
outside cell.

Also, I can't download the zip file to see how the column chart was created,
because it is blocked by my work.

Any ideas? Am I wrong that it wouldn't work?

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Amanda -

This web site may get you started:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Amanda" wrote in message
If they are <1% of the goal, red.....equal to or between -1% & 1%
yellow.....and more than 1% green

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

Hi Amanda,

There is no equivalent thing in the chart area for conditional
formatting,
however, with a little work you can create a chart that duplicates what
you
want. But before I try to ddo that - exactly what do you want - do you
want
the entire column to change color after they reach some target or do you
want
the amount above the target to show as a different color than the amount
below the target?

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Amanda" wrote:

I have a worksheet that evaluates the % of a goal. I have it set up as
chart and autoshape (to look like a thermometer).

Currently, I have one cell that changes colors based on the comparison
between their goal and where they are at....this is the information
that
fills the chart....however I can't figure out how to change the chart
color
like the cell.